Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow day!

And blogger, we meet again.

It has been quite a while. I haven't been able to sit down and think for more than 5 seconds at a time, let alone actually put it down into words. We've had quite a bit of snow in the past few days, and it has been unbelievably amazing to watch Matthew play in it. Just knowing that Michael and I have created such a funny, smart and handsome little boy. He learns so many new things a day, it's so hard for me to keep up! He has finally figured out how routines work, and that feels awesome! He knows what to do before bed, he just hasn't figured out WHEN to actually go to bed. We haven't quite gotten the whole 'sleep schedule' thing down, yet. But I know if we really work on it, he'll get the hang of it. I can't complain, though, he sleeps through the night, and has been since he was 6 months old. We're working on his numbers and colors now. He knows a few colors, and can count to 20, even though he misses 1 or 2 numbers occasionally. It's such an honor to see him grow up to be the person that he is. He has the funniest sense of humor, and the cutest personality. He knows when to say 'please', 'thank you',  'yes ma'am, 'no ma'am' 'yes sir', and 'no sir.' So in other words, the boy has manners. Rather he uses them 24/7, or  not at all. And those precious little dimples, when he smiles. I love 'em!

Michael passed the personnel board test for Jefferson County. He's only a few more steps away from rookie school. So let's try to keep our fingers crossed for good results. I'm not sure if I'm extremely excited, or extremely scared. This could be the start of us starting over with our lives. Getting back on our  feet, and having things for ourselves, and being able to enjoy life, and not have to worry about money issues, like we do now. Of course, it wouldn't be a ton of money, but it would be more than we have now. Sometimes, it feels like $5 is more than we have now. We've worked so hard to get where we are today, and when I look around, it doesn't seem like much at all. On the other hand, it just seems like a scary thought. Just to think that my husband could be out there doing one of the most dangerous jobs ever. The thought of losing someone so dear to me, is terrifying. But, we'd never know, if we didn't try, try, try with our lives.

Today has been one of those long, drawn out days, where I feel like I haven't gotten anything done, but this is the longest I've sat down all day long. So, I'm going to try to call it a night, and get that little boogerhead of mine in the bathtub, and off to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment