Friday, October 29, 2010

If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..

Being home alone, always does this to me.

It makes me sick to look around, and see that there are so many people in this world that haven't worked a day in their life, but yet, they get things handed to them on a daily basis. I have worked hard for the little that I have, and I have nothing. When I was (forced) to move, everything I owned at the time was detroyed. I had furniture, a refrigerator, clothes, pots and pans, appliances, everything imaginable! But now, I have nada. Everything 'mysteriously' came up missing, or broke, or stolen, etc. There are people that drive brand new cars, and buy the most expensive clothes, but yet, they're cheating the government, or other people for their expenses. They live off of foodstamps and welfare, but drive a brand new Escalade, or have a multi-million dollar home, and wear a $200 pair of pants and carry around a $600 cell phone. And there are illegal immigrants that are still jobs from Americans, and they do the same thing. And then, there are people like us. We have very little, we struggle everyday to make ends meet, but yet, we're still happy. We may not have everything that we want or everything that we need, but we have enough. We're at dead end jobs, with no pay, no car, and no  house to call our own. I want to have more kids, and be able to afford other things, but it's just not in the books right now. We can't afford material things. We do good just to keep our bills paid, to buy soap, and other things we may need, which is very little, I might add. We're not high maintenance. We get the essentials, and we're done. Yes, we do buy things for ourselves, when we have the extra money. We don't go out to eat, we don't buy new (namebrand) clothes/shoes. We keep clothes on our sons back, and food in his mouth. He is the happiest kid ever, and we don't spend millions of dollars to buy his love, like most parents. He gets a hotwheel ($1.00) a week. I know it doesn't sound like much, and it may sound like we don't care about him, like other parents, but we do that BECAUSE we love him. He knows that we love him regardless or what we buy him, or where his clothes from, or what shoes he wears. And most of you may think that its because he's only 2, and he may not understand. This very well may be true, but regardless, he looks at that dollar toy a week, and thanks us, just as he would, if we bought him a $100 powerwheels. We don't buy him clothes, shoes, or toys that have high prices. We refuse to spoil him with material things. We spoil him with our love and affection towards him, and he knows that. He'll occassionally ask for a toy, and when we tell him 'no', he doesn't ask again. Rather he understands that we can't afford it, or not. I do not know how to stress this enough: My mom and step dad, Reuben, have done everything that they possible can, and I mean, emotionally, physically and financially. They are in the same boat as everyone else that I know. The both of them have been mine and Michael's backbone, and they know that we would do anything for them.

I hate to see people that lie, cheat and steal, to get what they want. You want something? Work for it. There are a lot of things that we want, we work for them, and still don't get them. We don't go out of our way to lie, or steal to get what we want. If we can't afford it, then we really don't need it.

And another thing:

I'm not going to make my kid(s) do anything they don't want to do. I will never, ever push them to do something they don't want to do. I absoluetly hate seeing parents that make their kids play sports, and spend boo-koo and bundles of money, and their kids aren't really enjoying themselves. Your kids don't have to be in sports or wear the 'coolest' trends, just to get noticed. The worst possible thing you can do to a child is to push them to do something they don't want to do, or try to buy their love. You cannot buy your kid(s) things, just to get them to love you. If they don't love you the same after you bought, as much as they did before, give up, it'll never happn like you want it to. Never try to live through your child. If you didn't have a lot of things growing up, don't go broke doing it for your kids, because I gurantee they will be the same kid after, as they were  before.

This was not for anyone specific. I just had a lot on my mind, and had to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment