Monday, October 25, 2010

Good end, to a good weekend.

I'm going to stop, and take a deep breath from my "30 in 30." I have to tell you, that does get overwhelming, and by just glancing at the days, it gets pretty personal, so we'll see how many day out of the 30 I will actually do. And, I would to appologize for all  30 days not being in chronological order. But it's hard to keep up!

Last night was awesome. We made s'mores, carved pumpkins, and watched the rain/storms roll in. I loved sitting out by the fire pit. It was awesome 's'mores makin' weather.' I'm still waiting on the awesome Fall weather to roll in, but by the looks of it, it'll be mid-November, before that starts to happen.

Halloween is coming up, and when I asked Matthew what he wanted to be, he said "A firefighter!" So, a firefighter it is. He is talking so well for his age. He's able to put sentences together, and tell you colors, count to 10 in english AND spanish, although he tends to leave '6' out sometimes. If you point at something, he can tell you exactly what it is, if you tell him to find something, he knows EXACTLY where it is, and gets it. Mostly because, he likes to hide things from me. His favorite game is hide-and-go-seek, and he loves to play with his daddy. He hasn't gotten the whole getting himself dressed thing down, but I'm sure he'll figure it out. Like last week, I told him to get some clothes to wear, because we were leaving, and he brought me (keep in mind, it was 80 degrees out) a pair of blue pajama pants, a pair of yellow pajama pants, one sock, a spongebob houseshoe, a black addidas shoe, and a tobogan. And he thought it was THE funniest thing ever. He knows what animal is what, and the kind of noises they make, and he knows the name of everyone that he comes in contact with on an (almost) daily basis. He's getting so big, and growing up so fast, it makes me so sad. But I know that we've done a good job of raising him, and that makes me feel a little better.

The storms here last night were awesome. I think it was the anticipation that got to us. We check the weather channel website every couple of minutes, to see where the storm was, and the estimated arrival time, and the severity of it. We were in and out of the bed all night looking at the storm. Michael and I even got up and went outside at 4:00 this morning, to watch it roll in again. It was much needed rain. We haven't had a good rain like that in months.

In all, we had a good rain, to top off a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Missing you guys and love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kent does the whole pajama thing too. We are waiting it to cool down a bit more before we do all the fun fall stuff. We miss y'all and hope to see y'all soon!!

    ReplyDelete