Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 2: My love.

This has gotta be my favorite day, out of the 30 on 30.

My Love:

My love's name is Michael Green, and he has got to be the greatest. He has my back, and I have his. The love that we have for one another gets stronger by the day. Even though, we do have our off days, from time to time, we still don't let that hold us back from anything. From a good morning kiss, and an 'I love you, good morning', every morning, to a good night kiss and an 'I love you, goodnight.' We have had our weak moments, but after 4 and a half years, that's to be expected. We have laughed so hard that we've cried. Kind of like the time we thought it would be a good idea to eat a family size box of fudgesicles. The worst, and the best idea ever! And the time that we've sat and cried together, when something has happened, or when we've had a bad day. He has been my rock, and he has been with me through everything, almost. I cannot stress enough, that through our seperation, we were still then, who we were before. We had to find ourselves, and by doing that, we developed a loving relationship that is stronger than life itself.

The day that we met: September 13th, 2006.

This story makes me smile, just thinking about it. I was working at a restaraunt in Gardendale, in the summer of 2006. And he was working at my mom's story (Subway) in Pinson. I worked a double every Wednesday that I  worked there. 7A.M to 10:00 P.M. But that particular week, a co-worker wanted to switch, so I worked my double on Tuesday, and she worked on Wednesday. I worked 7-3 that morning, which was a weird shift for me, and I had been working over time for 2 days already. I was on my way home, but stopped by Subway (like I did everyday, before going home). I had called Mom that morning before to tell her I was sick, and was going to find a way to come home early, but of course that didn't happen. She told me then that there was a new 'handsome' boy that was working in her store, and she thought we'd really hit it off. So that gave me even more of a reason to stop! I hadn't been in a relationship, or had my eye on anyone since December the year before. I had been in a pretty weird relationship, which just so happened to be my best friend's, aunt's, nephew, Kris. But that's a different story, for a different day. I walked in, in my uniform, black pants, black shoes, white button down, a green vest, and a green and beige striped tie. Don't ask. As soon as the door made the usual 'ding' noise, when I opened it, around the corner came these bright blue eyes, which was of course, the first thing I saw. Little did I know, my mom had already told him about me, but she left that part out when I talked to her on  the phone. I talked to Mom for a minute, and he tried his best to get my attention, without saying a word. But he got my attention when he walked around the corner. After a few minutes, he introduced himself, and I to him. We sat down, and talked about eveything under the sun.. From the cats the people that we was living with had, to his parents, sister, and brother.  I was actually on my way to get my hair cut, but missed my appointment by an hour, because we sat and talked for the long. He then asked me for my number, which I thought he would never do! I gave him my number on a piece of reciept paper. We sat in the lobby of that store for over an hour, and he didn't even get up to do his job. After the while that we talked, it was time for him to clock out and leave, so afterwards, he walked me out to my car, and asked me out for that Friday night, September 15th, 2006. He told me that we would have hung out that night, but he had to go out to eat with his friend's (his roomates) grandmother, so he could meet her, because they were housesitting for her the next week. He told me he would call me, but never in a million years did I think it would be in a couple of hours. Around 9:00 that night, he called me, and we talked for hours. And ditto for the next night. We went out on Friday night, and it had to be the weirdest date ever. From chinese food he didn't have enough money to pay for, to Movie Gallery, and a terrible shark movie, and back to my parents house to watch it. Everything from the time that he picked me up (which, he passed my house like 9 times, because he was going by his own directions, and being a man, he wouldn't listen to mine), to the end of the night, just clicked. We shared our first kiss that night, right in  the living room of my parents house.







So from here, I would like to think my Mom for bringing us together. We have been through everything imagineable! We've moved more in the past 4 years, than I have my entire life. Even though we've been through as much as we've had, I still love him as much as I did the first time his eyes walked around the corner.

1 comment: